Monday 25 January 2021

Mailbox Monday & Life This Week - 25th January

 



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Life This Week is a meme created by Denyse Whelan Blogs where bloggers share snaps of what is currently happening in their lives.

Happy Monday!

I'm still in holiday mode so we have been enjoying lots of luncheons and picnics.

Lunch at the golf club

A picnic by the lake

 
 While the weather was still mild we enjoyed a bush walk

 
I've joined a walking group which encourages me to get out there and walk more


Morning tea in the city

The temperatures have now soared to the high 30s and low 40s so it will be all indoors this week.




Books I've received recently

 




I would love to hear what books you received in the mail recently!


9 comments:

  1. It's been a bit hot lately hasn't it Veronica? Great to read you've joined a walking group, that's a fabulous way of getting out and about. Nice lot of books you've received too! #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll swap with you then, because we have snow in most parts of the country, even down here in the south where we don't usually get it. Although in all fairness the skies are sunny and cloudless, so it looks lovely - at least behind the glass!

    You had some great book deliveries this week. I particularly have my eye on the first two and I am still wavering over 'A Home Like Ours', as that premise is oddly alluring and intriguing. The only one I might pass on is 'The Paris Affair', although of course I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Stay Safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica, Good to see you're enjoying the nice weather and leisure reading. I just finished Barack Obama's A Promised Land memoir. I'll look into the books you mentioned. #lifethisweek

    P.S. I'm hosting the Weekend Coffee Share blog link-up. It's on every weekend from Friday to Sunday. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on my blog. I hope you consider joining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the 30's and 40's? Poked around and see you are in Australia so I guess that Celsius. Here 30's and 40's are COLD--not far above freezing. Enjoy your summer weather, I want ours back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll trade temperatures!! :)

    ENJOY your weather and your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were enjoying family walking and the tea which looks lovely!
    Your books look like a good variety. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris Affair and your pretty tea set are catching my eye. Enjoy,

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the heat went away last night, it certainly keeps us indoors in the air con. However, your walks looked good and I am glad you got some in. Thank you for linking up this week for #lifethisweek. Great to see you and your blog here! Next week it's about #sharingoursnaps and that's an optional prompt. Join in each week for a friendly connection in a great community on-line. I am very grateful to you all. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking groups are a great way to get moving and meeting people! Great stack of books. Must admit i read Pip Drysdale's Strangers we knew for book club last year and really disliked it!

    ReplyDelete