Saturday 12 December 2020

Book Bingo - Round 11 & 12: Themes of Inequality & Classic read

The time just seemed to get away and I missed round eleven in November and here it is now time for round twelve so I will be combining the both in this final post for the year.
 
The Women's Pages by Victoria Purman 
 

 

For round 11 I have chosen the category 'Themes of Inequality'

The book I have chosen for this category is: The Women's Pages.

Set in Australia during WWII Purman shows how many women had to step into roles usually held by men. One role was that of journalism however female war correspondents were still not treated equally as it was thought as too dangerous to actually send them to areas that were in engaged combat. Once the war ended all women were expected to leave their jobs and return to home duties.


You can read my full review HERE

 

 Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner


For round 12 I have chosen the category 'A Classic You've Never Read Before'

The book I have chosen for this category is: Seven Little Australians.

There were a multitude of classics I could have picked from because I've never been much of a classic reader. I picked Seven Little Australians because it was short and even then it took me two attempts to finish it. I did enjoy the story and I'm interested in watching the series now to see how it compares.

___________________________________________

Book Bingo is a reading challenge hosted by Theresa Smith Writes , Mrs B’s Book Reviews and The Book Muse. The second Saturday of each month book bingo participants reveal which bingo category they have read and what book they chose.


 

 #BOOKBINGO2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment