Tuesday 1 February 2022

Mailbox Monday - January 31st

 Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week (or month). I post my new books on the last Monday of the month. I'm late again with this post. It has been way too hot to sit at a computer.
Mailbox Monday now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday Blog
 

 
Happy Monday Tuesday!
 
It has been so hot and humid in Sydney this month I haven't spent much time at the computer and I haven't done much reading either. My thoughts are with my readers in eastern North America who have suffered devastating snow storms. Whether it be by heat, fires, storms or snow the weather can be unpredictable and destructive.
 
January is school holidays in Australia and below are a few pics of what we have been up to.
 





 Books I received during January for review


I couldn't resist buying these books simply for their vivid sprayed edges.



Do you ever buy books just for the cover or other exclusive features?


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been having fun!
    I like several of your new books...Dead Horse Gap, The Nurses War, and the Robin Stevens set looks great! I hope you have a great week and lots of Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us, it seems, are at the mercy of our weather, and the dramatic changes keep us wary. Thank heavens for books. I loved your pictures of the children enjoying the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covers and titles are the first things that get my attention in novels. Enjoy all the new books you have this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great activities and awesome books for vacation tie. I hope these were enjoyable

    ReplyDelete