Thursday 6 June 2024

Book Review: You Me Her by Sue Watson

 You Me Her

by

Sue Watson

ONE MARRIAGE       THREE PEOPLE        ONE MURDER

Publisher: Bookouture
Publication date: 3rd June 2024
Genre: Thriller
Pages: 390
RRP: $4.99AU (Kindle eBook)
Source: eCopy courtesy of the publisher
 

Review: You Me Her

Rachel has recently moved to their new family home with her four-year-old son. Her husband Tom has been renovating the house over the last few months whilst Rachel sold their flat in Manchester. It was her husband's dream to live by the sea in Cornwall however past demons have caused Rachel to be terrified of water and overprotective of her son.

Maybe I've simply read too many domestic thriller books (the gas-lighting husband, devoted wife, crazy ex scenario) as I did find the plot of You Me Her to be a little predictable and I guessed the ending quite early.
 
That little quibble aside, I found Sue Watson's writing utterly addictive. I was totally creeped out by the story and even found myself holding my breath at times.
 
The suspense escalates throughout the book and I found myself jumping back and forward with who to believe.
I liked that  there were mentions of COVID and isolation and the effect this had on some people's mental health.
 
You Me Her is filled with chilling suspense which kept me glued to the page.
If you enjoy a gripping psychological thriller You Me Her will not disappoint.
 
My rating 3.5 / 5  ⭐⭐⭐½ 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment