Tuesday 12 December 2023

Book Review: For Once in My Life by Karly Lane

 For Once in My Life

by

Karly Lane

Sometimes love can show up in the most unexpected places
 
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Publication date: 28th November 2023
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 363
RRP: $32.99AU (paperback)
Source: Courtesy of the publisher
 

 Review: For Once in My Life

For Once in My Life is another huge success from author Karly Lane.
I absolutely enjoyed everything about this story!

The main character, Jenny, is easy to warm to. Jenny is turning fifty and after a very hectic two years, post divorce, getting her life back on track she is ready to relax a little. However her three grown daughters, who have all returned home after differing life events, decide mum needs to have some fun, maybe even find love again. The girls secretly set up a dating profile for their mum and start chatting and setting up dates with potential love interests.
We follow Jenny on her dates, all at the local pub, most are a disaster and she is a little embarrassed and a little annoyed that the cute barman seems to be taking it all in.

Jenny is such a lovely person and wonderful mum and grandmother. She was so patient with her daughters' antics. There are lots of laugh-out-loud moments throughout the story and most are at Jenny's expense but she comes across as the sort of person who would be mortified one minute and laughing along the next.

As with all Karly's books, between the humour and flirting, there are many pertinent themes explored, such as; reviving small country towns, restaurants sourcing local food, small-town gossip, age gap relationships and life after divorce.

For Once in My Life (honestly, I can't get that Stevie Wonder song out of my head) is engaging and fun, a feel good story not to be missed.

My rating 5 / 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


I have giveaways coming soon - stay tuned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment