Saturday 18 November 2023

Book Review: The Land Beyond the Sea by Sharon Penman

 The Land Beyond the Sea

by

Sharon Penman

Publisher: Pan Macmillan Australia
Publication date: 28th January 2020
Genre: Historical Fiction 
Pages: 672
RRP: $32.99 (trade paperback)
Source: Courtesy of the publisher
 

Review: The Land Beyond the Sea

I do love historical fiction however I tend more towards books set in the 1900's to 1950's. The Land Beyond the Sea is set in the 12th Century, not my usual read but I loved the whole saga, the politics, betrayals, murder, wars, raids, arranged marriages and allegiances. It's all there!
The social standing and hierarchy of the time is well portrayed.

At 672 pages The Land Beyond the Sea is a big book however there is always something new happening, which kept me invested in the lives of the characters.

"Sharon Penman's The Land Beyond the Sea tells the epic tale of a clash of cultures that will resonate with readers today."
 
There is also a handy list of characters in the front of the book and at the back is an afterword, author's note, acknowledgments and sources of research.
 
my rating 4 / 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐



No comments:

Post a Comment