Wednesday 24 August 2022

Book Review: Earning It by E. F. Dodd

 Earning It
by
E. F. Dodd
 
Publisher: Sugar Beaver Books

Publication date: 23rd August 2022
 
Genre: Romance
 
Pages: 322
 
Format read: eBook
 
Source: Courtesy of the publisher via Netgalley
 
 My review of Earning It
 
Earning It by E F Dodd is a light, fun read. A second chance romance told through the dual narrative of Rae and Van.
 
A chance encounter at her best friend's wedding has Rae reeling when she comes face to face with the man who broke her heart and ruined her life five years ago.
 
There is bucket loads of angst in this story as Rae gets all that hurt off her chest. Van is ever the gentleman as he works toward redemption and boy does Rae make him work for it. I give him ten points for tenacity!
 
This was an easy read. I enjoyed the banter between Rae and Van's friends and how they gave each other sound advice without interfering too much in each others' lives.
 
Even though I am not a fan of overly angst ridden romances I did enjoy this second chance romance. However, we never see how broken Rae was, only read about it in backstory, which made it hard to connect with her.
 
Earning It, I am sure, will be enjoyed by readers after a light romance read.
 
My rating 4 / 5  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
 
 
 Follow the blog and Instagram tour for Earning It below
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment